We have had our hardest year yet with our family and one thing we have learned for sure is cancer absolutely sucks! Cancer of all kinds is such a challenge and it is literally obstacle after obstacle. Cancer remains long after surgery and treatments. Cancer changes you, your family and life. I wanted to share some things we have learned throughout the last 7 months here that have helped us get through day by day.
- When life gets tough-you must get tougher!
- You are so much stronger than you think ever possible!
- Just Breathe-you do not need to figure it all out today, take it one day, one hour, or just one minute at a time.
- Hugs really do make it better, even if it’s just for a minute!
- Family is everything-lean on them, they want to be there for you!
- You are totally allowed to cry, even yell out loud, but Never Give Up!
- Stay Positive-I know this is one of the hardest ones to do, but stay strong, stay positive.
- Keep your head up and that beautiful smile on your face.
- It’s okay to be scared-being scared means you are about to do something brave!
- Believe in yourself!
- Not everyone will understand and that is not your problem!
- Surround yourself in the company of those who truly love you-you do not have to fight alone!
- Cancer will change you-but it does not define you!
- Rise up and be stronger than the storm!
- You will need HOPE to hang on, as you can’t see what is ahead.
- You are amazing-don’t forget that!
- A bad day does not show weakness, it shows you are fighting!
- This is your journey-nobody else is on the same one, don’t let anyone compare your journey.
- Sometimes you need help and that is ok!
- Be Brave-you got this!
I know these are simple concepts, but boy do they help sometimes. To all the cancer fighters, chronic disease fighters, and just darn all fighters out there-don’t give up! Sometimes you just need to hold on a little tighter, fight a little harder and just remember so far you have survived 100% of your toughest days!
I would love to end with one of my favorite quotes by Haruki Murakami “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
Crazy Happy Mom Life